Free Floating Skimmer 100
The Free Floating Skimmer LFF 100 is a high capacity brush chain skimmer designed to recover oil in offshore operations that can be used in J and U sweep configurations. The LFF 100 has excellent wave following characteristics and suitable for use in all environments, including Arctic conditions.
The skimmer has two 4-row oleophilic V-brush chains that separate the oil from the water effectively and lifts the oil to a specially designed brush scraper from where the oil is directed to the oil transfer pump. The double rotation direction capability enhances the recovery of light to heavy viscous oils.
The skimmer has a robust aluminum frame and floats with a single lifting point which makes the LFF 100 easy to lift, operate, clean and store. The LFF 100 has a heated scraper and hopper for effective skimming in Arctic conditions and is equipped with thrusters for mobility.
The skimmer has been deployed effectively in several oil recovery operations worldwide. During certified capacity tests, conducted by Bureau Veritas, a recovery rate of 111 m3/h (489 gpm) and its effectiveness in Arctic operations has tested at Ohmsett testing facilities.
|Length||2290 mm||90 in|
|Width||2250 mm||89 in|
|Height||1946 mm||77 in|
|Weight||700 kg*||1543 lbs*|
|Draft||900 mm||35 in|
|Certified capacity||111 m³/h**||489 gpm**|
|Free water collected||<5%|
|Hydraulic flow (skimmer)||70 l/min*||19 gpm*|
|Hydraulic pressure||210 bar||3045 psi|
|Power||25 kW*||34 hp*|
* Excl. pump, as reference GTA 115 pump weight is 71 kg (157 lbs) Hy-flow requirement 160 l/min (42 gpm)
** Capacity related to pump selection.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for recovery of all oil viscosities, including weathered crude
- Enhanced recovery due to brush rotation in both directions
- Enhanced oil flow due to special design
- Heated scraper for use in Arctic conditions
- Excellent wave following characteristics for use in heavy seas
- Effective thrusters for mobility for use in e.g. U/J sweep configurations
- Robust and durable aluminum construction
- Single point lifting