Heavy Duty Boom Neoprene
The Inflatable Neoprene Oil Boom HDB-N is an oil containment boom with inflatable cylindrical floats for use in nearshore, harbors, open waters and offshore.
These booms are designed to offer fast deployment and reliable operation with low personnel requirements. Their proven design and construction, low inflation pressure and high buoyancy to weight ratio give them excellent wave following characteristics and reliable oil containment even in adverse weather conditions in all climates, even in Arctic conditions.
The HDB Neoprene booms are entirely manufactured from Neoprene coated polyamide. It is particularly robust, giving a long service life with a minimum of maintenance. Each Individual Buoyancy Chamber is isolated. If one air chamber should get damaged or deflated, adjacent chambers will not be affected and will remain inflated.
This fabric is both strong and abrasion resistant, giving rise to extremely robust and high-quality booms. It is also highly resistant to oil, chemicals, all weather conditions and UV light. The boom fabric color can be selected black or orange.
|Height||1200-2000 mm||47-79 in|
|Section length||50/100 m||164/328 ft|
|Freeboard||440-650 mm||17-25.6 in|
|Draft||560-1070 mm||22-42.1 in|
|Weight||7.4-12.3 kg/m||4.9-8.3 lbs/ft|
|Air chamber length||2600 mm||102.4 in|
|Fabric||Neoprene (CR) coated polyamide EP 125*2|
|Tensile strength||12,500 N/5 cm||2,900 lbf/2 in|
|Max. working load||600 kN||150,000 lbf|
|Adhesion||12 N/mm||68 lbf/in|
|End connector||ASTM F 962 as standard|
Features and Benefits
- simple and rapid deployment – each chamber individually inflated
- compact storage volume
- durable fabric
- excellent wave following performance
- high buoyancy to weight ratio
- requires minimal amount of operators
- safe to use and deploy – low pressure air source
- low maintenance and easy cleaning
- UV resistant and highly resistant to oil and chemicals
- flexible, various options in section length and color
- galvanized ballast steel chain grade G80
- OPTIONAL Lifting handles available on request