The Minimax 25 skimmer is a light-weight new generation modular oil skimming unit that is easily transported and assembled. The Minimax 25 is designed to recover oil from e.g. inland waters, rivers and nearshore. The portable skimmer can be used in all terrains and environments, including Arctic conditions and remote locations.
The Minimax 25 consists of only three easily assembled parts, a skimmer body, a collection hopper and a brush module. Therefore it can be disassembled in less than a minute facilitating cleaning and service. Disc and drum modules are available as additional optional equipment.
The skimmer utilizes the Lamor next generation brush wheel technology, which combines high oil recovery capacity with less than 2 % free water content. The skimmer’s frame and hopper made of molded polyethylene are light-weight, durable and easy to clean. The skimmer is entirely hydraulically operated and its power requirement is low. The unit is intended to be connected to a suction pump or vacuum system.
The recovery capacity of the Minimax 25 is certified by Bureau Veritas at 26.8 m³/h (118 gal/min). Moreover, the skimmer’s recovery rate and efficiency has been fully tested at Ohmsett testing facilities.
|Length||852 mm||34 in|
|Width||853 mm||34 in|
|Height||464 mm||18 in|
|Weight||22.5 kg||50 lbs|
|Draft||128 mm||5 in|
|Capacity w/ Brush Wheel||26.8 m³/h*||118 gpm*|
|Hydraulic Flow||1-3 l/min||0.3-0.8 gpm|
|Hydraulic Pressure||60-100 bar||970-1450 psi|
|Free Water Collected w/ Brush||<2%|
* Capacity related to pump selection.
Features and Benefits
- Easily transported due to light weight
- Rapidly deployed as it is easy to connect
- Advanced 8 brush wheel technology enables recovery of light to heavy viscous oils and a free-water content of less than 2%
- Shallow draft
- Quick assembly/disassembly for cleaning/maintenance, no tools required
- Modular skimmer (brush, disc, drum)
- Connects to a suction / vacuum system